Call : +86-21-58386189, 58386176

Coal Mining Laws In Kentucky

Division of Mine Reclamation and Enforcement | Welcome

The Division of Mine Reclamation and Enforcement (DMRE) is responsible for inspecting all surface and underground coal mining permits in the state to assure compliance with the 1977 Federal Surface Mining Control Act (SMCRA).

Read more

Kentucky Resident Challenges Coal Company's Right to Mine

The state of Kentucky has interpreted federal surface mining law to mean that a coal company only needs to obtain a lease from one person that owns an interest, no matter how small that interest, in order to strip away that land — even if the rest of the owners object.

Read more

Workers' Compensation Attorneys in Lexington, KY

Kentucky has one of the largest coal mining industries in the nation, consistently ranking in the top three coal producing states for over fifty years. Coal mining, believed to be the second most dangerous job industry in the nation, puts workers at extreme risk for disease, injury, disability, and death.

Read more

Kentucky Coal Mining Accident Attorney | Miner Injury ...

Coal mining is a hazardous occupation, however, and in the last five years Kentucky coalfields have been the site of numerous injuries and even some deaths. In both 2013 and 2014, there were 2 mining fatalities; in 2012, there were 4; 8 Kentucky miners lost their lives in 2011; and 7 died while mining coal …

Read more

Laws | Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)

Laws. Mine Safety & Health Deskbook; Laws. Print. ... 1952 - Federal Coal Mine Safety Act; Learn more about the legislative history of the MINER Act of 2006, the Mine Act of 1977, and the Coal Act of 1969 here. Related Links. Mine Safety and Health Legislative History Timeline.

Read more

Coal mining - Wikipedia

Coal mining is the process of extracting coal from the ground. Coal is valued for its energy content, and, since the 1880s, has been widely used to generate electricity. Steel and cement industries use coal as a fuel for extraction of iron from iron ore and for cement production. In the United Kingdom and South Africa, a coal mine and its structures are a colliery, a coal mine a pit, and the ...

Read more

Coal miners are dying of black lung, and a Kentucky law ...

Coal miners tend to get screened for black lung after they leave the mining industry, and the coal industry has experienced a significant downturn in recent years, so it's possible that at least ...

Read more

Surface Coal Mining in Appalachia | US EPA

Coal is mined in Appalachia by both surface and underground mining techniques. Surface coal mining methods in the steep terrain of the central Appalachian coalfields include mountaintop removal, contour, area and highwall mining. Coal mining operations are found in Kentucky, West ia, ia ...

Read more

Coal - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding ...

Nov 08, 2018· West ia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Indiana were the five main bituminous coal-producing states in 2017, accounting for 74% of total bituminous production.

Read more

Coal mining in Kentucky - Wikipedia

Coal was discovered in Kentucky in 1750. Since the first commercial coal mine opened in 1820 coal has gained both economic importance and controversy regarding its environmental consequences. As of 2010 there were 442 operating coal mines in the state, and as of 2017 there are less than 4,000 underground coalminers.

Read more

Kentucky Coal, Reclamation and Subsidence

Kentucky Surface Mining Law (KRS Chapter 350) and Laws Governing the Mining of Coal and Clay (KRS 351-352)Conservation and Reclamation Act Regulation of the coal mining industry in Kentucky is by the Kentucky Department for Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement.

Read more

Kentucky Mineral Law Conference - EMLF

The liability for coal mining operations extends far beyond the corporate or company level. This presentation addresses the potential liabilities officers, directors, agents and owners of coal companies face for their companies' operations under SMCRA, the Mine Safety and Health Act, and other applicable laws.

Read more

State Mining Agencies | Mine Safety and Health Administration

State Mining Agencies Alabama. Alabama Department of Environmental Management – Mining ... Interactive Coal Mine Map. ... Surface Mining Section Kansas Department of Agriculture – Surface Mining Reclamation. Kentucky. Kentucky Department of Natural Resources – Division of Mine Safety Kentucky Department of Natural Resources – Division ...

Read more

Our History - Kentucky Coal Association

The Kentucky Coal Association is the state's leading organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the coal industry across Kentucky. KCA's member companies are drawn from throughout Eastern and Western Kentucky, from underground and surface producers, from union-represented and union-free mining operations.

Read more

KY Coal Facts - History of Coal - Kentucky Coal Education

Kentucky Energy Security National Leadership Act (HB 299) enacted; Act calls for strategy for producing liquid and gaseous fuels from Kentucky coal. Kentucky Coal Academy founded to provide training for coal miners that reflect the technological advancements in the mining industry.

Read more

Business and Corporate Law in the Coal Industry ...

Overview Energy Law Attorneys Serving Lexington, Louisville and Beyond. Coal supplies more than half of the electricity in the United States and nearly all of the electricity in Kentucky, the third largest coal-producing state in the country.

Read more

Kentucky Coal Mining Disasters | Roberts Law Office

Coal mining remains one of the most dangerous jobs. As miners descend into a deep and dark void, thousands of feet below earth's surface, chances injury, and even tragedy, runs rampant. Recently, on September 16th, 2015, a coal miner in Western Kentucky, in Webster County, was killed because the company he worked for failed to follow standard ...

Read more

Kentucky Coal Mining Lawyers - Kentucky Coal Mining Law ...

Contact a Kentucky Coal Mining lawyer or law firm to represent you in your lawsuit. Choose the best attorney using Lawyers.com peer rating and review system.

Read more

Kentucky State Legislature Passes Bill That Limits Coal ...

Apr 01, 2018· Kentucky miners with possible black lung disease, bad news—you may have less chance of getting state compensation, NPR reports. ... (Read more coal mining stories.) ... Oh well, if it's the law ...

Read more

Andrus partially approves Kentucky's strip mining law ...

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- U.S. Interior Secretary Cecil Andrus today partially approved Kentucky's strip mine law for surface coal mining and reclamation. Andrus made the announcement at a news briefing ...

Read more

Division of Mine Safety | Welcome

Kentucky Laws Governing the Mining of Coal KRS. KRS 351-352. Kentucky Laws Governing the Mining of Coal KAR. KAR 805-825. Sanctions List. Kentucky Licensed Mines. Kentucky Annual Reports. Training and Testing Schedule. ... DNR Division of Mine Safety l 300 Sower Boulevard l Frankfort, KY 40601

Read more

Kentucky Adminstrative Regulations

Kentucky Administrative Regulations. TITLE 405 ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT CABINET - DEPARTMENT FOR NATURAL RESOURCES . This page was produced on 10/26/2018 at 10:37:49 AM [EST] Chapter 2 General Coal Mining Practices. 010 Waiving liens against privately-owned land; Chapter 5 Surface Effects of Noncoal Mining.

Read more

Non-Coal Review Branch | Non-Coal Review Branch - Kentucky

The Non-Coal Review Branch of the Division of Mine Reclamation and Enforcement (DMRE) regulates and enforces the surface mining reclamation laws and regulations for non-coal mining sites in the state, which include limestone and dolomite, sand, gravel, clay, fluorspar, tar sands or rock asphalt, shale, surface effects of dredging river sand and ...

Read more

Lexington Mineral Law Lawyers | Louisville Mining Attorney ...

Mineral Law Louisville Mining, Mineral and Natural Resources. Coal is still the backbone of energy production within the country and vital to the production of steel and meeting industrial needs.

Read more

Kentucky Coal Miners - Posts | Facebook

The work is dirty and dangerous and many lost their lives due to the neglect of mine operators and poor implementation of state and Federal laws regulating the way mining should be conducted. The miners and their families lived in a settlement called coal camps.

Read more

Rural Blog: Kentucky law reducing inspections for coal ...

A new law in Kentucky reduces state inspection requirements for underground coal mines, a move that follows similar changes in other states but concerns many miners and safety experts.

Read more

Energy and Environment Cabinet | Open Records - Kentucky

Kentucky Coal Mine Maps: Kentucky Watershed Viewer: Surface Mining Viewer: ... For additional information about open records, the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General maintains an open records and open meetings Web site. ... All public records or information the disclosure of which is otherwise prohibited by federal law or regulation, and ...

Read more

Kyleidoscope — Explore Kentucky History Online

Coal mining has a rich history in Kentucky, tracing back to early explorers. However, large-scale coal mining did not develop until railroad construction in the 1870s provided easier access into the Eastern and Western Coal Fields.

Read more