Call : +86-21-58386189, 58386176

why are coal mines deep inside the earth

Can I tell that diamond may be found in coal mine? - Quora

It isn't possible to look for diamonds at their source - the deepest mines are only a few kilometres deep. The diamonds formed deep in the Earth can come to the surface through volcanic activity, so can be found in extinct volcanoes.

Read more

What Is the Environmental Impact of Mining and Burning Coal?

Mining and burning coal for fuel is harmful to the environment; but, because coal is so abundant and cheap, many people are reluctant to give it up as a fuel source. Coal starts as peat, or sections of partially decomposed organic matter that accumulate on the earth's surface.

Read more

Why Is Coal Mine Is Warm Inside - ediccentralmalta.eu

How deep can a mine be before the heat is too great? - reddit. How deep can a mine be before the heat is too . excess power at night and having to build more coal plants to meet . is still warm and why Earth …

Read more

Nation's Deepest Coal Mine Now Ranks Among Deadliest

Sep 26, 2001· The mine operator spends up to a year removing methane before the tunnels are dug, then extracts more just ahead of the mining machine and again after the coal has been removed.

Read more

What live deep inside the core of the earth? - Quora

Nothing can live near the core of the Earth. It is far too hot for life. Even a 100 ft or so down the heat is too much without a cooling system. All coal mines for example are supplied with cool surface air for ventilation and temperature control....

Read more

Underworld: Our Underground Coal Economy | GQ

Why do we even have coal mines? That question is what led Jeanne Marie Laskas to spend a few weeks 500 feet underground, getting to know the men behind …

Read more

How did coal get so deep inside earth - Answers.com

Coal is a sedimentary rock which is made of small rocks,dead plants and the fossils of dead animals which are buried deep in the ground.That is why it.

Read more

How do workers in deep mines withstand the temperature of ...

In mines water also drips down the mining shafts, because there is trapped water also below the earth's surface. So on the whole whenever water is dripping down the …

Read more

Coal Facts - Science For Kids

Where on Earth is Coal Found? Coal is found under the ground in "coal beds." It is considered a sedimentary rock and is black or brownish-black in color. It is specifically found in rock strata and appears in layers or veins. ... In addition, in order to get to the coal deep inside the earth, deep shafts are built which can affect groundwater ...

Read more

Burning for over 100 years, Jharkhand's underground fire ...

Coal scavengers work very early in the morning before the mine officials come inside the mines in Jharia. Photo: Ronny Sen, End of Time. Saurav adds, "A BCCL miner will use all safety equipment.

Read more

The Temperature Of The Earth As Shown By Deep Mines

The Temperature Of The Earth As Shown By Deep Mines At a recent meeting of the American Society of Civil Engineers, observations on the temperature of the earth, as shown by deep mines, were presented by Messrs. Hamilton Smith, Jr., and Edward B Dorsey.

Read more

Why are coal mines deep inside the earth - qa.answers.com

Companies engaged in this industry extract coal that lies 200 to 1,000 feet below the earth's surface, though some mines are as deep as 2,000 feet. Why is coal so deep inside the earth? as coal is made of pplant remains that have been buried long ago,it is so deep inside earth.

Read more

BBC - Earth - The strange beasts that live in solid rock ...

The strange beasts that live in solid rock deep underground Drill down a mile or two into Earth's crust and you will find solid rock, unbearable heat and little oxygen. Yet it turns out there is ...

Read more

End coal mining in the UK, environmentalists urge ...

Inside the Guardian Guardian Weekly Crosswords ... Friends of the Earth, ... The environmental groups said they wanted both new deep and opencast coal mining stopped, arguing opencast mining was a ...

Read more

How is coal formed? - Kentucky Coal Education

How is coal formed? The environments or conditions under which these coals were formed: anthracite coal, bituminous coal, lignite? Coal formed millions of years ago when the earth was covered with huge swampy forests where plants - giant ferns, reeds and mosses - grew.

Read more

The Invisible Plume: Why coal mine methane is worth ...

Obviously the air from inside the mine is going to be warmer than the outside air on a cold spring day. Also a quick check of the EPA website show that the methane emissions from West Elk have ...

Read more

Underground v.s. Surface Coal Mines: Is Deep Drilling ...

Mountaintop removal requires explosives to blast debris off mountain tops in order to reach coal seams deep inside the earth, sometimes 400 feet below the surface. The major drawback of surface mining is the method destroys large areas of land, demolishing landscape and natural habitat to recover coal.

Read more

US coal miners applaud Republican axing of stream ...

Feb 02, 2017· Coal sits inside a barge during transport down the Monongahela River by the Consol Energy Champion Coal tow boat outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S, on Wednesday, May 15, 2013.

Read more

why is coal mine is warm inside - BINQ Mining

Why a miner is never permitted to smoke inside a coal mine Fire and explosion are MAJOR safety hazards. Coal, and coal dust, is readily ignitable, and most coal mines have some level of …

Read more

On the Temperature of Coal Mines - Scientific American

On the Temperature of Coal Mines. Share on Facebook ... that the temperature of deep mines that had been at work for some time, did not exceed the temperature of shallower mines, and to reconcile ...

Read more

Terrifying Facts About the World's Deepest Gold Mine

The mine is as deep as 10 Empire State Buildings, and its 236 miles of tunnels are longer than the New York subway.. Every day, 4,000 workers descend into the mine through elevators—or, as they ...

Read more

Do diamonds really come from coal? | MNN - Mother Nature ...

Do diamonds really come from coal? ... to acid rain and other environmental problems and why coal mining is so environmentally destructive.) ... to 100 miles below the surface of the Earth, deep ...

Read more

Coal seam fire - Wikipedia

Coal seam fires can be divided into near-surface fires, in which seams extend to the surface and the oxygen required for their ignition comes from the atmosphere, and fires in deep underground mines, where the oxygen comes from the ventilation.

Read more

How deep can a mine be before the heat is too great? • r ...

It releases CO2 stored in the earth and vents it into the air, but the amount is much smaller than what is released for coal or natural gas plants (which based on industry wide averages appears to be about 10% of coal or 20% of natural gas per kWh).

Read more

Why a miner is never permitted to smoke inside a coal mine?

Coal is mined by two methods: surface or 'opencast' mining or underground or 'deep' mining. The choice of mining method largely depends on the geology of thecoal deposit.

Read more

The real story of US coal: inside the world's biggest ...

At the east pit of Peabody's North Antelope Rochelle mine, the layer of coal takes up 60ft of a 250ft trough in the earth, and runs in an uninterrupted black stripe for 50 miles.

Read more

The Hazards of 19th Century Coal Mining | eHISTORY

These miners helped construct the deep mines and dug and blasted the coal from the seams deep under the earth's surface. There were two big engineering problems in mining coal underground: A system to drain water from the mine

Read more

Bizarre Discoveries in Mines - YouTube

Jul 08, 2016· Here are 11 of the most unusual findings deep in the earth like ancient and time primate fossils or trapped toads alive in rocks!! ... Bizarre Discoveries in Mines Talltanic. ... Inside the coal ...

Read more